Sunday, May 27, 2007

Border in interlacing stitch: work in progress

This is how I tried to transfer the design of the interlacing stitch border onto the fabric. It works, but I'm not really happy with it. There might be better ways to transfer a design, and maybe I should not work with a soft pencil :-) If you have any feedback/suggestions, I'd love to hear it!

First, I made a sketch of the border, using:
  • an enlarged photocopy of the original border
  • this tutorial for sketching interlacing stich designs
  • a geometrical square


Next, I tried to transfer the design onto the fabric. I outlined the design with a dark marker and put the fabric on top of it. This way, you can see the lines through the fabric. I traced the lines of the design with a soft pencil. Next, time I might use one of those erasable pens, because I made some errors and now I probably have to wash it.


The final step is marking traces were the stitches should be. Mine are about 6x6 mm. Once more, maybe I should use an erasable pen here.

No comments: