Monday, November 21, 2011

Knitted leaf & lace throw: a '70s interpretation




So far, I've finished 5 leaf & lace squares, only four more to go :-) It was nice to find a seventies example of this throw in the thrift store last week! I didn't like the colors (orange and brown), but I do like the way the design was adapted, such as knitting the leafs and the border in two different colors. I think this would work for e.g. a cushion cover knitted in thick yarn. The squares are stitched together diagonally. This surprised me, because it makes finishing the border quite difficult. She (I assume it was knitted by a woman :-), used half a square to fill the gaps in the border. Now that I'm writing this, I wonder how she did that... I forgot to take a look...

I took picture of the throw, but I didn't buy it because of the colors. I really hope it will find a happy new home!


Inmiddels heb ik vijf gebreide blokken :-) Vorige week vond ik een jaren-70 versie van dezelfde sprei in de kringloop. Ik heb hem niet gekocht (want bruin + oranje), maar ik vond dat er wel leuke details in zaten, zoals het gebruik van twee kleuren en de manier waarop de blokken aan elkaar genaaid zijn.

No comments: